Nick, Nora & Asta
The Thin Man’s Nick and Nora James are never far from Asta their terrier. Columbo loves his basset hound. Private Eye, V.I. Warshawski has a rescue Golden named Peppy.
The dog of a sleuth has to have personality, curiosity and patience.
In the fourth book of the Charlie Mack Motown Mysteries, Judge Me When I’m Wrong, Charlie Mack and Mandy Porter adopt a rescue dog. The compromise on a canine name came by using their first initials: MC––and, of course, Hammer had to follow. Dubbed Hamm for short, their male pooch is described only as a lop-eared, mixed-breed with a friendly tail and soulful eyes.
In honor of the fifth book in the Charlie Mack Motown Mystery series, Find Me When I’m Lost, (July 28, 2020). I’m announcing the:
WHAT DOES HAMM LOOK LIKE? Contest.
Here are other hints given about Hamm in the book series:
- He loves kids.
- He has a large dog bed.
- Hamm is a brave dog.
- Post your favorite Hamm look-alike dog photos to Twitter, Facebook and Instagram with the hashtag #ItsHAMMerTime from July 31st-August 3, 2020.
- In collaboration with my publisher, Bywater Books, I’ll select the photo that best matches my vision of Hamm the dog.
- I will describe Hamm ,based on the winning photo, in Book 6 of the Charlie Mack series, Warn Me When It’s Time (2021).
- The owner, and pet, of the winning photo will receive a special credit in Book 6, and
- A signed copy of the current Charlie Mack Motown Mystery, Find Me When I’m Lost.
Award-winning, Mystery Writer, Sara Paretsky and her golden retriever.